Each Green Our Planet project helps provide solutions to environmental problems.
Are You Ready to
Launch a Green Project?
Green Our Planet operates a unique, mission-driven, non-profit funding platform for green projects worldwide. If you have a green project idea that can help educate the public about green issues or will directly conserve, protect or improve the environment—then proceed ahead!Create A Project
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can fund their project on Green Our Planet?
- Green Our Planet is focused on green projects that provide solutions to environmental problems. We're a great way for scientists, inventors, filmmakers, conservationists, writers, teachers, principals, community organizers, and others to bring their green ideas to life.
A "green" project is something finite with a clear beginning and an end. Someone can be held accountable to the framework of a project — a project was either completed or it wasn't — and there are definable expectations that everyone can agree to. This is imperative for every Green Our Planet project.
We know there are a lot of great projects that fall outside of our scope, but Green Our Planet is not a place for soliciting donations for causes or charity projects outside of our "green" scope. Learn more about this here: project guidelines.
- Is Green Our Planet a nonprofit organization?
- Yes, we are incorporated in the state of Nevada as a non-profit organization and are approved as a 501(c)3 organization by the IRS.
- Are my donations tax-deductible?
- Most of the projects Green Our Planet hosts are non-profit organizations. If you are donating to a non-profit organization, for example, to a school, then simply save your receipt and your donation will be tax-deductible.
- Why do people support projects?
- People contribute to campaigns for many reasons, but usually it's because they believe in the mission of a particular campaign and want to support and thus become involved in that campaign. Donors may also be interested in some of the perks offered by a campaign.
- I only need to raise a small amount of funding. Is Green Our Planet for me?
- Absolutely! Green Our Planet is for green projects big and small, traditional and experimental. Small projects that you (or you and a few friends) can do over a weekend are perfect for Green Our Planet. In fact, the most common projects on Green Our Planet are not blockbusters but smaller projects that raise $5,000 or less.
- Is this "all-or-nothing" funding like some crowdfunders, or will I be able to keep whatever funds I raise?
- At Green Our Planet, you will be able to keep the funds you raise, even if you don't meet your original funding goal. We realize that, with green projects especially, you may be using multiple sources of funding to meet your overall goals.
- What does Green Our Planet Charge?
- Unlike the vast majority of crowdfunders, we charge nothing for the use of our website and 0% for any monies that you raise. You pay only the typical credit card fee of 3%, which goes directly to the credit card company. You keep the rest. That makes Green Our Planet one of the best crowdfunding deals on the internet.
- If you don’t charge a fee for the use of your website platform, then how do you survive?
- We are a non-profit organization. We therefore fund our operations through grants and personal donations. If you like what we do—then please donate!
- Does Green Our Planet take some percentage of ownership or intellectual property of things created through Green Our Planet?
- No we do not. Project creators keep 100% ownership of their work.
- Can I see who has donated to my project?
- Yes! Just click on the "backers" tab on the project page
- I'm with a business interested in supporting one or more projects. What should I do?
- Awesome! We'd love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com to find out more ways you can get involved.